Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Change is as Good as a Vacation. Or is it?

Posted by: Janni Nell

Some people thrive on change. I’m not one of them. Basically, I’m a hobbit. The more boring and dull my life is the better I like it. Of course, change is a part of life. It happens whether we want it to or not, but seeking out change is something I’ve avoided. Until now.

My husband has been eager to leave the city for a while. Sydney is an awesome place to live, but any big city comes with its downsides like traffic problems and overcrowding. With each day that passes a beachside lifestyle away from all the city pressure is becoming increasingly attractive.

About one hour north of Sydney is the Central Coast, an area of beautiful beaches and sleepy, peaceful suburbs. It's also not too far from our family in Sydney. In short, it ticks a lot of boxes for us. I want to move. I want to embrace the change, but honestly, I’m scared. Swapping big city life for a much quieter place will be a challenge. Maybe I’ll love it, maybe I’ll hate it. The unknown is always scary.

Anyway, I’ve put on my big girl pants and started looking for a new house. Wish me luck. I’ll need it.

How do you cope with change? Do you love it? Or hate it with a passion?

****

Janni Nell writes paranormal mysteries. She is hard at work on the second book in the Little Shop of Spells cozy mystery series.

Book 1, Secrets, Spells & Murder is now available.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...