Saturday, November 5, 2016

Feeding the Reading Habit

Posted by: Jenny Schwartz
I need a beach break.
One of the themes of November on the Here Be Magic blog is thankfulness. To my shame, I need a reminder to pause and be thankful. As an author committed to a fairly demanding publishing schedule, I'm often too driven to take that moment, a break from life, and simply breathe and appreciate what I have.

I am truly thankful for the reader and author community that supports and encourages me in what can be an isolating profession. I hope I return that support. This self-organising community is a network of people who share a love of storytelling and reading. Here Be Magic is part of that network.

Discoverability is a major hurdle for authors trying to get their books noticed in an increasingly crowded market. A book can be great, but if no one can find it, it doesn't get read. So authors are joining together to provide readers with information on new books, promotions, giveaways and sales.

Patty Jansen organises promotional events for science fiction and fantasy. The current one is for over 100 books specially priced at 99c this weekend, November 5-6, 2016. I am thankful for the generosity of authors more technologically skilled than me (which wouldn't be hard!) who run events like these. As an author, my books find new readers. And as a reader, I find new books!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...