Thursday, October 30, 2014

Real Life Love Stories

Posted by: Kathleen Collins
If you're reading this the day I posted it, today is my 15th wedding anniversary. That number is kind of surreal to me. I never could have envisioned what the last fifteen years would bring and I'm looking forward to the next fifteen.

I'll return to that in a moment. I should confess that I am one of those people that loves tropes in my romance novels. What's a trope you ask? Well, it's those storylines you see over and over again. The secretary that falls in love with her boss, falling in love with the best friend's brother, falling in love with your best friend for that matter. Well you get the idea.

Part of the reason I love tropes might be because my real life love story is one. December of my Senior year of high school my boyfriend introduced me to his best friend. Flash forward a few months and that best friend was now one of my best friends. When I broke up with the boyfriend, the friend stuck around. He made sure I got fed when I was a poor college student and eventually told me he loved me. While we didn't end up together right away for a variety of reasons, eventually we did go on that first official date, got engaged two weeks later and married six months after that.

So actually, now that I think about it, it seems we hit three tropes. Falling in love with the boyfriend's friend, falling in love with your best friend and the whirlwind wedding. Yay me. So tell me, what's your real life love story? Is your story a classic trope or your own adventure?

Happy Reading everyone!

Kathleen Collins is the author of the Realm Walker series. You can find her online usually on twitter @kathy_collins or facebook www.facebook.com/kathleencollinsauthor or her website www.kathleencollins.net. She is currently working on her next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...