Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Temple of Doom

Posted by: Unknown
I love the Indiana Jones movies. Adventure. Romance. Larger than life heroes and villains. Exotic settings and outlandish plots.

Of course, Harrison Ford doesn’t hurt either.

There’s nothing subtle about the movies. They promise a wild ride and deliver every time. I think their biggest strength is that they never forget what they are—action adventure—and so they never feel watered down. Everything feeds into building this one cocky but fallible character that we fall in love with, that we’ll follow into hell and can root for all the way.

I had a lot of fun playing with my own temple of doom in my upcoming release, Redemption. In my story, the heroine, Sophie, is an archaeologist, passionate about her work and close to uncovering the secrets of a lost civilization.

Adriano is after the same artifact but plans to use it for his own personal gain. He’s a jaguar shapeshifter and technically the artifact belongs to his people, the Yaguara.

Both are smart, driven and undeniably attracted to one another. Both are hiding secret scars.

And they’re not the only ones searching for lost treasure.

Redemption is scheduled for a September 26 release. I hope you’ll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Any Indy fans out there? Or other movies or series that have inspired you?

-Eleri Stone

7 comments:

  1. I love Indiana Jones! Who can resist Harrison Ford combined with the glamour of the 1930s and the thrill of hunting down exotic treasures all while running from the bad guys? Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade were the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I stop to think about it, I don't think I've seen an Indiana Jones film from start to finish. I've seen bits. I recognise the theme music. I can sigh at the sight of Harrison Ford looking all romantically archaeological. But...on reflection...I've never seen a movie all the way through. Hmmm.

    I love the cover, Eleri, and how it ties in with "Mercy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite, Georgie. And Jenny? I'm shocked. You should at least watch the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my kind of read, Eleri! Can't wait. Now I want to order all the Indiana Jones movies from Netflix, and I've seen them all several times.
    I agree with Jenny. The cover is gorgeous. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove the cover. They did such an awesome job. I should update the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Indiana Jones too! This sounds totally up my alley for a good read. Indiana Jones meets jaguars meets uber hot romance... uh yup! Sold!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...